7.17.2012

Cajun Style Chicken Salad

Pin It

Wow, I am a such a sucker for sappy romance.  Here I sit, finally catching up on the Bachelorette with a serious perma smile on my face.  Please don't tell me it's not real.  Besides the cheesy romance, I also love the extremely awkward conversations and situations (which the Prague episode seems to be full of (score).  Specifically, that puppet show.  Come on.  Love me some Jef, but that was just redic.  This is the stuff good TV is made of.  HEHE. :)
The Bachelorette is totally real, but something that is unreal is this cajun style homemade chicken seasoning.  We were going to grill out, but in typical Brussels fashion, 5 minutes before we were going to fire up the grill it started coming down in sheets.  Plan B, oven baked chicken salads on the couch sans Bachelorette (Paul doesn't go for that "rubbish").
Crispy Romaine, Crunchy Yellow Pepper, Juicy Tomatoes, Smooth Avocados, Shaved Carrots and Black beans provide the hearty base of this Chicken Salad.  I am always looking for seasoning recipes without the packet and I was really excited when I  found this Cajun Seasoning recipe from Plain Chicken.

Cajun Seasoning Chicken Rub
Barely adapted from Plain Chicken

Ingredients:
2 Organic Chicken Breast
1-2 T olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t ground pepper
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1/8 t thyme
1/8 t oregano
 
Directions:
Mix dry seasonings.  Pound Chicken Breast to an even thickness.  I covered the chicken with saran wrap and pounded them with a small skillet (or use a mallet if you have one).  Brush the breasts with olive oil.  Rub with minced garlic and the seasoning mixture.  Bake with 1/4 c water in a shallow baking dish at 350 F or 176 C for about 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.  If the weather cooperates throw them on the grill. 
Top with a little bit of shredded cheese and your favorite Ranch or homemade Ranch style dressing. 
Bon Appétit!
Pin It

2 comments:

jLynn said...

This looks absolutely delish!! And I'm obsessed with this season of the Bachelorette!! :)

aglobetrottersfare said...

Thanks Jen! I am still not caught up 100% (so don't tell me anything!!), but I too am completely obsessed! It's redic.